Chief Judge: Phillip Chapman
Event Time: 8:00
Drop Dead Time: 10:00
The event is simulated energized. Each Apprentice is required to replace a faulted secondary cable (#2 URD triplex) in conduit between a secondary pedestal and a 100A meter base. The secondary pedestal is fed from a conventional transformer on an A1.1 (A1).
- Each Apprentice has 5 minutes of setup time. During this time, each Apprentice may direct event related questions to the event judge.
- Time starts on the event judge’s signal.
- All Minimum Approach Distances shall be maintained.
- Rubber gloves shall be worn while operating live line tools.
- All live line tools shall be fully retracted and placed on the provided tarp when not in use.
- All tools shall be placed in the provided canvas bucket when not in use.
- The secondary cable shall be de-energized & re-energized from the fuse cut-out above the conventional transformer.
- All secondary cable connections shall be installed in the proper order and must match the previous installation.
- Voltage checks with a voltmeter shall be performed to verify the cable is de-energized and re-energized.
- Time stops when the event site is restored to the original condition, the Apprentice checks voltage at the meter base, and the Apprentice calls “TIME”.
- All SCLR general rules apply.