Chief Judge: Keith Dubose
Event Time: 4:00
Drop Dead Time: 5:00
This is the Hurtman Rescue Event. This is a de-energized event that requires the climber to rescue the mannequin on a 40’ pole (C1.7N framing). The mannequin will be positioned between the top and middle phase support brackets.
- Each apprentice has 5 minutes of setup time. During this time each apprentice may direct any event related questions to the event judge.
- Time starts on the judge’s signal with the lineman standing at least an arm’s length from the pole.
- Each apprentice is required to carry and hang the handline.
- Rubber gloves are required from ground to ground.
- Friction must be used when lowering the mannequin.
- The mannequin must be tied under the arms with three half hitches.
- A 3” piece of conduit will be used to measure tightness of the knot.
- The Buckingham Bucksqueeze Rescue Belt 483M will be used on the mannequin and the climber will cut the orange 483A insert. A 10-point deduction will be assessed for cutting any part of the belt other than the orange insert.
- Time stops when the climber has both feet safely on the ground.
- One gaff must be in the pole at all times when descending the pole.
- Judging will continue until the event site is restored to the original condition.
- All SCLR general rules apply.