Chief Judge: Garett Felker
Event Time: 6:00
Drop Dead Time: 8:00
Event Summary: This is a de-energized event; leather gloves may be used. Each apprentice will climb a 40’ A6.1 (A6) primary pole with 1/0 ACSR and change out the existing two dead-end insulators with the tools and materials provided. A groundman will not be available. During the set-up time each apprentice will prepare their hand line, grunt bag, and inspect the materials for installation.
- Each apprentice has 5 minutes of set-up time. During this time each apprentice may direct event related questions to the event judge.
- Each apprentice is required to hang the handline and lift/lower all required materials via the handline and grunt bag.
- The wood pole fall restriction device can be adjusted to the pole & attached to the climber’s belt. The climber shall have both feet on the ground before time starts to begin the event.
- Time starts on the judge’s signal.
- Time stops when both insulators are changed out, all materials are lowered to the ground, and the apprentice has both feet safely on the ground.
- One gaff must be in the pole at all times when descending the pole.
- The apprentice will properly restore materials to their original condition for the next competitor.
- Safe work practices will be evaluated at all times.
- Judging will continue until the event site is restored to the original condition.
- All SCLR general rules apply.