Chief Judge: Sean Brown
Event Time: 4:30
Drop Dead Time: 5:00
This is a relay style team event that requires all members to participate. Each team member shall complete ONE of the following tasks in this designated order: Guy wire installation, Fuse barrel replacement, & climb a 50’ pole. Provided preform guy wraps will attach the guy wire to the anchor rod. A golden hammer will be used as a baton for this relay.
- Each team has 5 minutes of setup time. During this time, each team may direct event related questions to the event judge.
- Time starts on the judge’s signal.
- Leather work gloves shall be worn at all times.
- Competitors must start in their designated circles.
- The Guy wire installation shall be complete before the Fuse barrel replacement begins.
- The guy wire must be snug with no slack.
- The Fuse barrel replacement shall be complete before the 50’ pole Climb begins.
- Once the fuse barrel is removed and lowered with the extendo stick, the competitor shall remove the fuse barrel by hand and touch the pole with the fuse barrel before re-installing the barrel. Stick must be fully retracted before passing the golden hammer to the climber.
- The wood pole fall restriction device can be adjusted to the pole & attached to the climbers belt. The climber shall have both feet on the ground until the golden hammer is in their climbing belt hammer loop.
- All competitors are required to wear their climbing belt.
- The golden hammer shall be passed to each competitor and placed in the hammer loop of their climbing belt before they begin their task.
- The golden hammer shall be used by the climbing competitor to ring the bell at the top of the 50’ pole to stop time.
- Judging will continue until the event site is restored to the original condition.
- All SCLR general rules apply.