Apprentice Written Test (Questions and Answers)
Question: Is the written test questions from the general knowledge section of the Safety Manual or are the questions taken from the whole manual
Answer: The entire safety manual is eligible to be on the test, but the questions will be relevant to line work. (There will not be questions about unrelated topics like power generation, office safety, etc.) It may be useful to study the following parts:
- Section 114: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), First Aid, and Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- Section 503.1 – 503.7: Vehicle Operations
- Section 506: Tools and Equipment
- Section 507: Overhead Distribution and Transmission
- Section 509: Underground Lines and Equipment
Question: APPA is releasing a new edition of their Safety Manual this year. Will there be questions about material updated in the 16th edition?
Answer: No. Answers to all questions can be found in the 15th Edition as well as the Cooperative Safety Manual.
Question: Where will the Written Test be conducted?
Answer: HG Technical College, Building 300, Room 110 at 1:00pm on Friday, March 16th.